The Devere / Erickson Camp

Gladys Campbell bought the stock of #21 MIP in 1937. In 1938, she had the current, basic, 1-room cottage built. A sleeping alcove and bathroom were added to the east side in 1953, and later a porch on the west side (which was eventually framed in).

Gladys Campbell, her brother Donald Campbell (MIP #20), wife Kathleen Foster Campbell and their 3 daughters (Susan, Martha, and Harriet), all from Chicago, spent their summers as neighbors on the Lake. In 1966, #20 was sold to Carefoots, and Donald and Kathleen moved to Carmel, CA.

In 1996, the 3 sisters gifted the Campbell Cove (Button Cove-at the foot of Sugarloaf) property to the Association, which was initially purchased by Gladys in 1919.

To this day, Campbell camp stays very full and lively, with the next generations of Martha’s and Harriet ‘s children, sharing, enjoying and soaking up the Lake. We all are so grateful for this life.

DEVERE / ERICKSON - Camp #52

Emily Devere, Camp Manager
johnd_emd@att.net

Gretchen Erickson